[R] (no subject)

John Kapsomenakis johnkaps at geol.uoa.gr
Mon Oct 2 09:06:34 CEST 2006

Dear friends

I try to install R-project in SUSE 10.0 LINUX. I run the ./configure. The
last lines during the run is

checking readline/history.h usability... no
checking readline/history.h presence... no
checking for readline/history.h... no
checking readline/readline.h usability... no
checking readline/readline.h presence... no
checking for readline/readline.h... no
checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no
checking for main in -lncurses... no
checking for main in -ltermcap... no
checking for main in -ltermlib... no
checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no
checking for history_truncate_file... no
configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are not
available

I'm now hoping for some help

Thanks in advance.
john