[R] zero-inflated mixed models

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu May 11 03:17:38 CEST 2006

	  I've never heard of a "Hurdle model" before, but have you looked at
'lmer' associated with library(lme4)?  For documentation, see the
following:

	  * Douglas Bates. Fitting linear mixed models in R. R News,
5(1):27-30, May 2005 (www.r-project.org -> newsletter).

	  * vignette("MlmSoftRev") in library(mlmRev).  (If you don't know
about vignettes, you need to know that you get both an Adobe Acrobat
file as well as an R script file to play with as you read the *.PDF.
The *.PDF should open, at least under Windows, from
'vignette("MlmSoftRev")', and the *.R file should appear with
'edit(vignette("MlmSoftRev"))' -- or
'Stangle(vignette("MlmSoftRev")$file)' if you use ESS.)

	  hope this helps,
	  Spencer Graves