[R] irregular time series

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Mar 19 17:45:31 CET 2006

	  The "arima" function can handle NAs;  see the examples.  If that's
still too regular for you, I would use some kind of Kalman filter
designed for a continuous time stochastic process where the state
transition is a function of the elapsed time between the two
observations.  I don't know if anything is available in R to handle
that, but I just got 18 hits from RSiteSearch("kalman filter",
"functions") and 253 hits from RSiteSearch("irregular time series").  I
suspect there should be something there that should get you closer.

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves