[R] arima fails when called from command line

Brian Dolan buddha_314 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 19:54:14 CEST 2006

I'm sure there is no consistent way to reproduce this, but I'm hoping
someone has some information.

I have a time series we'll call y.  The data gets updated every day, so
I run a cron job that fits and predicts from an arima(0,0,1) X (1,1,1)_7
model.

When I open R and run the script, it processes completely.  If I call
the script via a crontab entry

R --no-save --slave < myscript.R

then the fitting of the arima model fails.  I have checked to make sure
the shell is calling the correct version of R, so it should be no
different than when I am using it interactively ...right?

Thanks for your time on this,