[R] use of R in big companies (references) & R-support esp in Germany

Armin Roehrl armin at approximity.com
Tue Jun 6 00:54:44 CEST 2006

Dear R users,

    sorry for this general email and I am sure it has been asked
way too many times.

IT departements in big companies only want to support the big
standards. Whatever big standards means apart from being expensive.

We are in the process of trying to get a risk management project
for a big conservative company in Germany. As part of the project
we would use R to run simulations, but the company is afraid of R.

1) If anybody has any reference projects using R I can quote, please
drop me an email. Best would be companies like Siemens, Allianz,
Munich Re, Daimler Chrysler, Credit Suisse etc.

2) Are there any software companies around with R know-how and are
interested in paid R-projects? The bigger the company, the better
as this client seems to be scared of software companies with less
than 200 developers.

Thanks,
  -Armin

--