[R] strucchange package for windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 3 09:09:08 CEST 2006

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Vishal Saxena wrote:

> Hi Achim,
>
> I'd like to try to run the strucchange package on R. However, it
> seems that the package can only run on systems running Debian and not
> Windows XP. Is this true? Or is there a windows version? I downloaded
> the strucchange file but they seem to have the dot deb extension and
> seem to be designed to run with Debian.

We have no idea at all where you are looking, but you are not following
the instructions in the `R Installation and Administration Manual'.
There are both source and binary Windows versions on CRAN, thanks to the
kind helpers who prepare the latter for you.

> If there is a windows version, could you please let me know how to
> obtain and install it? Thanks very much.

Use the menus, as described in the FAQs and manuals.  Go to the Packages
menu. select Install packages ..., select a CRAN mirror and then the
package.  That's all.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk