[R] AICc vs AIC for model selection

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jul 17 17:37:32 CEST 2006

	  I understand that you have only 26 observations.  Model
identification always requires more observations than estimating a model
you already think you know.  If it were my problem, I think I'd first
plot the data over time and make a normal probability plot of the data.
  Then I'd fit the simplest, most parsimonious model I could think of
that would include the trend and seasonal.  Then I'd examine the
residuals and check the p values.  If everything looked sensible,
wouldn't push it further.  If I had several such series, I'd study
Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-Plus
(Springer) and use the 'nlme' package to do more.

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves