[R] Problem installing local additional packages of Rcmdr (WinXP)

Kenneth Cabrera krcabrer at une.net.co
Thu Jul 13 17:25:12 CEST 2006

Hi R users:

I download the .zip files and also PACKAGES and PACKAGES.gz files
in a local directory, but when I call

library(Rcmdr)

It shows me a tcl/tk windows telling me to install the additional
packages, the it takes me to another window where I must specify
the path where the .zip files are located.
I do it, but I obtain the following message:

Erro en gzfile(file, "r") : no fue posible abrir la conexión

Versión del Rcmdr 1.1-7

And the Rcmdr frame opens but without installing the additional
packages. I am sure I download the required packages and the
PACKAGES and PACKAGES.gz files.

What am I doing wrong?

If I make the same procedure with the internet conexion it
works fine, but I need to install all the packages in computers
without internet conexion.

Thank you for your help.

Kenneth

$platform