[R] Canonical Values and Centroids for MANOVA plots

Jarrett Byrnes jebyrnes at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 28 20:18:40 CET 2006

Hey, all, I'm trying to construct a centroid plot using canonical
values from a MANOVA.  I know that from the summary.manova object you
can get Eigenvalues, and the H and E matrices (from SS$Treatment and
SS$Residuals), but I am at a loss to get the loadings for the canonical
values, nor values for the centroid centers and radii.  Is there a
package that does this that I am just missing, or any helpful code out
there that I have been unable to locate?

Thanks so much!

-Jarrett

p.s. There are a bunch of ecologists and evolutionary biologists here
at Davis who, as a group, have just taken it upon themselves to learn
R, and it's going swimmingly so far!

Jarrett Byrnes
Population Biology Graduate Group, UC Davis
Bodega Marine Lab
707-875-1969
http://www-eve.ucdavis.edu/stachowicz/byrnes.shtml