[R] Error in fun(...) : couldn't find function "assignInNamespace"

Rick Bilonick rab45+ at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 6 22:51:37 CET 2006

I started my laptop, opened a shell and get this error message:

R : Copyright 2005, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.2.1  (2005-12-20 r36812)
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

lines deleted

Error in fun(...) : couldn't find function "assignInNamespace"
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Matrix'
Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData

Here is some directory information:

-rw-rw-r--   1 chippy chippy 1222666 Feb  2 07:20 .RData
-rw-------   1 chippy chippy   21897 Feb  2 07:20 .Rhistory

Is .RData corrupted? I can run R in other directories.

Rick B.