[R] Upadating windows shortcuts after upgrade

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:08:49 CEST 2006

If you are using XP then create a shortcut to Rgui.bat, which
can be found in:

    http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/batchfiles/

0.2-7 is the most recent.  When you install R it saves in the registry
the R version and Rgui.bat looks that up and runs that version thereby
giving you the last version you installed.

Rcmd.bat, also in batchfiles, does the same for running R from the
command line.

You can use Rversion.bat (or the gui version of that: Rversion.hta),
both from batchfiles as well, to change which version you want
it to use in the case that you have multiple versions of R on your
system.

There are also a number of other tools in the batchfiles collection
that can be of use in administering R on XP.  The README in
batchfiles has more info.