[R] How to make two figures in one plot - package vcd

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Sep 16 17:59:31 CEST 2005

Muhammad Subianto <subianto <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have a problem to make figures with two columns in package vcd.
> Here an example code I take from "\library\vcd\html\plot.loglm.html"
> What I need, I want to make two figures in one plot.
>
> library(vcd)
> oldpar <- par(mfrow=c(1, 2))
> ## mosaic display for PreSex model
> data(PreSex)
> fm <- loglm(~ PremaritalSex * ExtramaritalSex * (Gender + MaritalStatus),
>              data = aperm(PreSex, c(3, 2, 4, 1)))
> ## visualize Pearson statistic
> plot(fm, split_vertical = TRUE)
> ## visualize LR statistic
> plot(fm, split_vertical = TRUE, residuals_type = "deviance")
> par(oldpar)
..

The example worked in the previous version, but David Meyer has rewritten the
whole package using grid functions. Figures are much nicer now, but
documentations is a bit on the sparse side. I don't have the docs at hand
currently, but I believe you should looks at strucplot to set the layout there,
or use grid directly.

Greetings from an Ex-Cirebonese

Dieter