[R] linear mixed effect model with ordered logit/probit link?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Oct 31 18:57:28 CET 2005

	  Have you received a reply to this?  I haven't seen one.  I just tried
several things with RSiteSearch.  Searching for "ordered logit" produced
70 hits.  One of the first 10 indicate, "The CRAN package MCMCpack has
at least ordered probit."
(http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/38663.html)

	  I haven't used ordered probits or logits or MCMC, but it would seem
to me that if MCMCpack has ordered probits, it surely should also be
able to handle mixed effects.

	  If you would like further assistance from this listserve, I suggest
you read the posting guide (www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html).
Doing so might increase the chances of obtaining a useful reply quickly,
especially if your question includes an extremely simple example in a
few lines of R code that someone can copy from your email into R and
test a few ideas in a minute or so.

	  Best Wishes,
	  spencer graves

byoung-inn bai wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on the multiple categorical data (5-points scale) using linear
> mixed effect model and wondering if anyone knows about or works on the
> linear mixed effect model with ordered logit or probit link.
> I found that the "lmer" function in R is very flexible and supports
> various models, but not ordered logit/probit models. I may conduct my
> analysis by turning my DVs into nested dichotonomies, but just wonder if
> there is anyway that I can do this without transforming my DVs. Any help
> or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Byoung-Inn
>

> Byoung-Inn Bai
> Ph.D. Candidate