[R] Forum of Mac questions (Was: loading packages - mac user)

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Wed Oct 19 19:18:16 CEST 2005

On 19/ott/05, at 13:36, Martin Maechler wrote:

>     BDR> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Jari Oksanen wrote:

>>>  This is a very common piece of advice. However, this is
>>> not what you would imagine if you read the description of
>>> R-SIG-mac on the R home page:
>>>

>     BDR> It is not actually on the R home page or even on
>     BDR> www.r-project.org.  I think you mean

>     BDR> This arises because the purpose of the list has changed
>     BDR> from
>
>     BDR>    R Special Interest Group on Macintosh Development
>     BDR> and Porting, both for MacOS 8.6 - 9.x and MacOS X
>
>     BDR> I think a wording like R-sig-debian namely
>
>     BDR>    R Special Interest Group for MacOS X ports of R

Brian's definition  seems appropriate to me nowadays

and the (extended) disclaimer should include both development issues
specific to OS X (ports, etc) and user feedback on R.app GUI (we
don't want R.app bugs go into the R-bugs list), but NOT general R-
help topics which should go to R-help indeed.

I think we should keep the devel part in R-sig-Mac.

I'm including Simon Urbanek and waiting for some reaction before
"taking actions" on R-sig-mac.

stefano