[R] Getting eps into Word documents.

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 3 23:27:20 CEST 2005

on 10/3/2005 3:31 PM Rolf Turner said the following:

>[...] Does anyone know a
>satisfactory solution to the problem of including a graphic which
>exists in the form of a *.eps (encapsulated postscript) file into a
>Word document.  If so, would you be willing to share it with me and
>my student?

Recent versions of Word import EPS quite well.  I just tried it with
Word 2003 (also known as Word 11), and the figure was imported
properly.  Word added a preview all by itself.

To do this, I opened an Explorer (directory) window on the directory
with the files, then dragged the EPS file to Word.  I am certain it can
also be done through the menu system.

I then converted an EPS file's line endings to *ix format and repeated
the above.  It still worked fine.

--

Michael Prager, Ph.D.
Population Dynamics Team, NMFS SE Fisheries Science Center