[R] Comparing rows of matrices with different dimensions

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Nov 21 17:24:19 CET 2005

If I understand you correctly,

## not tested

apply(cbind(a[,-3],b),1,function(x)isTRUE(all.equal(x[1:2],x[3:4])))

or something similar. The basic idea is just to drop the last column of a
and check to see whether rows are the same (possible within numeric fuzz).
This assumes order counts. If the rows must just contain the same values
(possibly replicated different numbers of times, then add calls to unique
(or maybe use setdiff if numeric fuzz is not an issue).

HTH

Cheers,
Bert

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box