AW: [R] Tracking progress during iterations

TEMPL Matthias Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at
Tue May 24 15:19:11 CEST 2005

Dear Lin,

One bad solution: You can only (???) display it, when you click on another Window (eg. the explorer) and then once again on the R window or by clicking on the menu bar in R and second on the R window. In this way you can "refresh" the display and you can see in which iteration step you are.

You can check this on the dummy example below:

k <- rnorm(4000000)
for (i in 1:10){
  print(paste("Step ",i))#
  k1 <- sort(k)
}

I don´t know, if there is another (better) way to refresh the R window...

Best,
Matthias