[R] Avoiding Sweave formula cut's?

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 4 18:14:41 CEST 2005

  > Hi,
  > anybody know a possibilities how i could avoid less nicely  cut's  in
  > function calls with sweave  like:

  > randomForest(x = RELSHIP ~ ., data = R_RELSHIP[splitR_RELSHIP ==      1,
  > ], importance = T, n(*here is the cut in the pdf*)
  >  tree = 1000, na.action = na.omit)

  > Until now i add expost linebreaks in the *.tex file, but with dozend of
  > models it might be painfuel for my hands.

Currently there is no way of doing this, because the code you see is
the result of a parse() and deparse() and I need the parse() step to
know where to insert output, i.e., where expressions are complete. I
have ideas about chunks where the code is exactly as in the source
file, but no time to implement them yet.

what you always can do is to write the code in a separate source file,
include that with, e.g., latex's listings package and do a source() on
it with echo=FALSE. If you want code and output mixed one needs to
parse() -> you loose the original formatting.

.f

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch