[R] lazy blighter

Adrian Baddeley adrian at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 8 01:56:52 CET 2005

A question about package development.

Our package tarfile (spatstat_1.5-10.tar.gz) has already passed R CMD check.
We install the package in a local directory, either by hand or by
running the package checker. Starting R 2.0.1 and loading this package
using library(spatstat, lib.loc="./spatstat.Rcheck") or whatever,
we get the following error as soon as there is a data() command:

 > 	Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
 >                 file open failed

The file permissions are all 644. This happens on at least two
systems including pc-linux-gnu.

Is this a bug in lazy loading ? oder?

thanks
Adrian Baddeley & Rolf Turner