[R] Temporal Analysis of variable x; How to select the outlier threshold in R?

bogdan romocea br44114 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:20:12 CET 2005

I'm not sure I understand.
You have financial data and want to throw away some outliers??
Why would you ever do this?

First of all, I'd suggest you pay close attention to what the data is
trying to say. Maybe your distribution is not normal after all (see
tests for normality etc). Maybe you shouldn't force your normality
assumption upon the data.