[R] Premature termination of script

Marco Blanchette mblanche at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 30 21:57:31 CEST 2005

I am fairly new to R and I am writing a script that would take a file, as an
input, and generates a bunch of graphs out of it. My first task is to be
sure that the file is of the right type by looking if there is a valid
barcode in it as in (the barcode is beetween a double and single
underscore):

library(tkWidgets)

##############
#testing if valid if not kill the execution
##############
data.file <- fileBrowser(textToShow="Select a splice junction array
extraction file")
if ( t <- regexpr("__\\d*_",data.file, perl=T) == -1){
    cat ("The selected file does not seem to be of the right type\n")
    #Should be able to exit the script here
}
cat("File look good keep going\n")

How do I prevent R from interpreting the rest of the script if the user
don't input the right file?

Marco Blanchette, Ph.D.

mblanche at uclink.berkeley.edu

Donald C. Rio's lab