[R] pdf() black&white; panel titles in lattice

ftorrei2@uiuc.edu ftorrei2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 15 19:49:13 CEST 2005

Thank you so much for your help. Now I think I can use R for
everything I need so far. However I think that I haven't found
a solution for my first question. trellis.device(color=F) only
affects the trellis device, but not the pdf device, doesn´t
it? At least that is my impression. I manage to get black and
white graphics in trellis, but whenever I switch on the pdf
device, the resulting pdf file is in color, even if I specify
 pdf(X.pdf, bg="white", fg="black") (I wonder what the use of
bg and fg is). The thing is that I need black and white
graphics for my papers. I am using R on OSX. Does this happen
to anyone else?

Thanks again