[R] help with ARIMA and predict

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Jul 9 07:03:09 CEST 2005

	  What class is "newx" when you get the error message?  Is it a vector
or a 1xK array?  If the former, force it to be an array.  (Hint:
"array(1:4, dim=c(2,2))[1,]" is a vector of length 2, while "array(1:4,
dim=c(2,2))[1,,drop=FALSE]" is a 1 x 2 matrix..(

	  If this does not solve your problem, then I suggest you make up a few
very simple examples where you know the the answers under the most
plausible thoughts about what it's doing, and try those.  I've also
learned a lot by copying the arima function into a script file and
walking through it line by line.

	  If none of this work for you, I suggest you read the posting guide!
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  People often answer
their own questions from following suggestions in in the posting guide.
  If that fails, they seem more likely to get useful answers from the
questions they post after following this guide.

	  spencer graves

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer
PDF Solutions, Inc.