[R] Special paper for postscript

Mon Jan 31 23:32:29 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:42 -0700, Tae-Hoon Chung wrote:
> Hi, All;
>
> When I generate a "special" paper postscript image larger than "a4" or
> "letter" using R, I can only see one-page portion of all image, of course.
> What will be the simple solution for this? Is there any way I can set the
> bounding box information on the image? Or any other suggestions?

Are you trying to generate an EPS file or just purely PS?

If the former, you need to specify:

 horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE, paper = "special"

as it indicates in the "Details" section of ?postscript

In both cases, you also need to specify the 'height' and 'width'
arguments, when using the "special" paper type.

For example, this works for me:

postscript(file = "MyFile.ps", height = 10, width = 15,
           paper = "special", onefile = FALSE, horizontal = FALSE)

barplot(1:10)

dev.off()

I may be missing what you are trying to do, so if this is not helpful,
please post back a reproducible example of what you are trying to do.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz