[R] Empirical cumulative distribution with censored data

Marco Chiarandini machud at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jan 16 21:22:33 CET 2005

Dear list,

I would like to plot the empirical cumulative distribution of the time
needed by a treatment to attain a certain goal. A number of
experiments is run with a strict time limit. In some experiments the
goal is attained before the time limit, in other experiments time
expires before the goal is attained. The situation is very similar to
survivial analysis with censored data. I tryed the function:

plot(survfit(Surv(time),data=mydata,conf.int=F))

from the package "survival". Nevertheless, what i would like to see is
an increase of probability as time increases, and not a decrease of
survival probabilty. I tried to play with ecdf(), but dealing with the
censored data is quite hard-working in this case.

Is there anything for censored data in ecdf like-functions or a way to
adapt plot.survfit to my case?

Thank you for consideration,

Ragards,