[R] JOBS: Vanderbilt University Department of Biostatistics

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 6 04:02:42 CET 2005

The well-supported and rapidly-growing Department of Biostatistics in
the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, has
multiple openings for persons with an MS or PhD in biostatistics, at all
levels. We are especially recruiting for the following positions.

    - A senior faculty member to lead a multi-center clinical trial data

      coordinating center.
      The individual must have extensive experience in NIH-sponsored data
      coordinating centers.
    - A senior faculty member with experience in health services or
      outcomes research or clinical epidemiology to lead a biostatistics
      unit for surgical sciences.
    - Senior MS biostatisticians with 5 or more years of experience.  At
      Vanderbilt, such persons have faculty positions.
    - Associate professors
    - Junior MS biostatisticians

We are also seeking assistant and full professors. The department
currently has 16 PhD faculty biostatisticians, 6 senior and 5 junior MS
biostatisticians, and 10 computer systems analysts and plans to grow
significantly in size over the next three years, continuing to add a
significant number of faculty and staff biostatisticians after that.

In general we seek individuals with expertise in clinical trials, health
services and outcomes research, Bayesian methods, multicenter clinical
trial data management, imaging, and modern statistical computing
(especially R or S-Plus). See
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/JobOpenings for
more information.

All candidates must enjoy collaborative research and possess excellent
written and verbal communication skills. Send CV to Search Committee,
Biostatistics, S-2323 MCN, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
37232-2158. Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply. CVs may
be sent electronically to both f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu and
biostat at vanderbilt.edu. Please state in the subject of the E-mail the
position for which you are applying or inquiring.