[R] make R package for windows on Linux

Wed Jan 5 14:28:35 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 09:34 +0000, Halldor Björnsson wrote:
> Hi,
> I made a package on a linux box. All worked fine.
> The package contains only R code (no C). I then wanted to make a zip
> file so that I could test the package on a windows machine. I have tried
> all the obvious ways to do this (and even some that are not!), but to no
> avail. The only  instructions I find about building packages for windows
> (e.g. mypkg.zip) seem to imply that the build be done on a windows machine.
>
> Is there a simple way to make mypkg.zip under linux and then install it
> as a zip file on a windows machine?
>
> Sincerely,
> Halldor

I have not used it, but there is an article in the Contributed
Documentation section on the main R web site by Jun Yan and Tony Rossini
called "Building Microsoft Windows Versions of R and R packages under
Intel Linux".

A direct link to the PDF is:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/cross-build.pdf

and there is a makefile at: