[R] x11 is not available

Gardar Johannesson johannesson1 at llnl.gov
Tue Jan 4 23:08:57 CET 2005

My guess is that you have a 'Desktop' version of SUSE installed which
does not include the needed X11 development environment; from the "R
Installation and Administration" manual:

"Unless you do not want to view graphs on-screen you need X11 installed,
including its headers and client libraries. (On Fedora Core 2 Linux this
means the xorg-x11-devel and xorg-x11-libs RPMs, for example. Older
Linuxen used XFree86-.)"

Good luck,
Gardar