[R] Methods overview

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Feb 8 17:32:28 CET 2005

V&R's S PROGRAMMING is an excellent reference with a thorough discussion and
examples of S3 methods. It is somewhat less thorough about S4 methods,
perhaps because the implementation was still in process at the time of the
book's writing. Maybe BDR's online complements have more, but I haven't
checked. Nevertheless, the book is still a good place to look for info on S4
methods. I consider it an indispensable reference for those who are even
moderately into S language programming.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box