[R] Commented version of the home page graphics code

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Thu Dec 8 20:25:39 CET 2005

Le 08.12.2005 18:37, Satsangi, Vivek a écrit :

>Folks,
>	I was drawn to R, like many others, partly for the opportunity
>to draw nice, colorful graphs (occasionally ones with meaning, too :-)
>). I am still quite a newbie to R.
>As such, I have been trying to understand the code for the graphics on
>the home page (the ones from the 2004 contest -- the dendrogram, the
>cluster plot with different coloured circles, etc.) I was wondering
>whether anyone has a commented version of this code that would help me
>understand it a little easier.
>
>-- Vivek Satsangi,
>Student, Rochester, NY

Hi Vivek,

Maybe you should start with simpler graphics

Eric wrote a little how-to about that graph.
It's in french though ...
http://www.stat.ucl.ac.be/cgi-bin/getdata?FMPRO?-db=didacomment.fp5&-format=/dida/comment.htm&-Lay=Comment&-SortField=id&-SortOrder=descend&-max=1&id=24&op=eq&-find

Moreover, the code is highlight-ed here which may help you.
http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/graphcode.php?graph=2

BTW, the code we get when cliking on the homepage graphic uses the mva
package which doesn't exists anymore. Maybe somebody could erase that
line from http://www.r-project.org/misc/acpclust.R

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques