[R] suppress tick labels

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Dec 1 18:10:57 CET 2005

I think the question was about the __tick mark__ labels not the __axis__
labels. The standard way of dealing with this is, as Sebastian said, to draw
customized axes. However, par(lab=c(1,5,5)) reduces the number of tick mark
labels to 2 at the range of the axes, apparently, if that helps.
lab=c(0,5,5)), which one might try to remove the labels, gives an error.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box