[R] [R-pkgs] New CRAN package: DICOM

Brandon.J.Whitcher@gsk.com Brandon.J.Whitcher at gsk.com
Mon Aug 22 10:00:27 CEST 2005

The package DICOM is a first attempt at a set of routines to import and
summarize medical imaging data that conforms to the DICOM standard.  This
is now the industry standard for a wide variety of medical imaging
equipment (e.g., PET, MRI, CT, etc.).  Please see http://medical.nema.org
for more information about the DICOM standard.  A simple list structure
holds the separate header and image information.  I currently export any
image files (4D arrays) in Analyze format for further analysis.  These
(exporting) routines may be added in the future.

I welcome any comments/questions/suggestions.

cheers...

Brandon

Brandon Whitcher, PhD
Clinical Imaging Scientist