[R] Installing packages, again

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 25 20:12:55 CEST 2005

Hi again,

I've just uninstalled R2.01 and installed the new R2.10 on my WindowsXP
machine. I then attempted to install the vegan package from source
files, as I learned to do last week, with the help of some of you. I
have updated my path variable to the new R directory (R/rw2010/bin
instead of R/rw2001pat/bin), and I've still got the HTMLHelpWorkshop
files installed, as well as Perl and the MinGW compiler. I didn't change
anything in those files, and everything is stored in directories without
spaces in the name. I had trouble with the install, so I deleted the
rtools folder and reinstalled it.

Still, the package won't install. Following R CMD INSTALL vegan I get
the error: "no rule to make target 'C:/R/rw2001pat/include/R.h', needed
by 'goffactor.o'. Stop." So it looks like I've still got something
pointing to the old rw2001pat directory, instead of the new rw2010
directory. Can anyone tell me what I've overlooked? I have also gone
into Mkrules and updated all the paths that I could.

Thanks again,

Tyler

--
Tyler Smith