[R] Normalization and missing values

Chris Bergstresser chris at subtlety.com
Wed Apr 13 18:36:35 CEST 2005

Hi all --

    I've got a large dataset which consists of a bunch of different
scales, and I'm preparing to perform a cluster analysis.  I need to
normalize the data so I can calculate the difference matrix.
    First, I didn't see a function in R which does normalization -- did
I miss it?  What's the best way to do it?
    Second, what's the best way to deal with missing values?  Obviously,
I could just set them to 0 (the mean of the normalized scales), but I'm
not sure that's the best way.

-- Chris