[R] Help with package SJava

manodomilharal manodomilharal at bol.com.br
Sat Sep 25 17:48:51 CEST 2004

Hi All!!

This is my first post here and it is an urgent one!!

I installed the SJava package, no problems, but when I
try to load it at R I get the following error (I have
Linux, not Windows):

> library(SJava)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
"/usr/lib/R/library/SJava/libs/SJava.so":
  libRSNativeJava.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
Error in library(SJava) : .First.lib failed

This libRSNativeJava.so file it mentioned is there, it
is not missing...

Can anyone help please??? Thanks in advance!!!