[R] R-(wiki)-pedia?

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at hhbio.wasser.tu-dresden.de
Thu Oct 7 21:18:37 CEST 2004

Tony Plate wrote:
 > At Thursday 11:29 AM 10/7/2004, Dan Bolser wrote:
>
>> [snip] I just added some pages... I think it would be great if
>> people could get motivated to contribute to something like this.
>> Its one of those cases of just getting the ball rolling...
>>
>> Do you think you can dump the existing R-docs into this wiki as a
>> framework to get things going?
>

> If the existing R-docs are "dumped" into a wiki, won't the copy in
> the Wiki quickly get out of date? How does one get around this
> problem?

And another problem is, how to reverse from something like HTML or XML
back to .Rd ? I think that a generic format is absolutely necessary. The
generic format we have and not yet another source of confusion.

If wiki means editing .Rd sources or better: inverse transformation in
both sides (without to many loss), it would be nice. Is there really a
chance?

Thomas P.