[R] save GUI window position in windows version?

SI risdpizza at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Mar 18 01:34:38 CET 2004

Hi,

thanks for your reply.  But I guess I misfired a
question.

I want to save the size of _GUI_ window, NOT console
window.  GUI window is the window with "RGui"
writtenon the left of title bar.  Console window
is inside of the GUI window with "R Console" on
its title bar. I save my preference of console
window in the default Rconsole file.

Every time I start an R GUI, that is, every time I
start R on my Windows XP, it is started as
maximized, showing all over the screen. I
always resize and move its position on the
screen.

Is there a way to save GUI window size and position?

I close R after running a script involving a big
data, and restart R, as R seems to slow down
considerably even I eliminate the big object
on memory with rm(). So saving size and location
of GUI saves me some hustle.

Thanks in advance.

SI