[R] Quantile Regression in R

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 29 17:49:13 CEST 2004

The short answer to your question is that  quantile regression
estimates are estimating linear conditional quantile functions,
just like lm() is used to estimate conditional mean functions.

A longer answer would inevitably involve unpleasant suggestions
that you should follow the posting guide:

	a.)  send questions about packages to the maintainer, not R-help
	b.)  not attach datasets in modes that are stripped by R-help
	c.)  make a token effort to read the documentation and related
literature

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger        	Roger Koenker
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu			Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820