[R] can't get text to appear over individual panels in multi-panel plot

Patrick Bennett bennetp at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jun 18 05:24:08 CEST 2004

I neglected to say that I am using the R-Aqua interface and the MASS,
grid, & lattice packages.

Here is one specific example where I'm having trouble.

After loading the crabs data set, I create the figure with the
following code (which is taken from MASS):

lcrabs.pc<-predict(princomp(log(crabs[,4:8])))
sex<-crabs$sex;levels(sex)<-c("Female","Male")
sp<-crabs$sp;levels(sp)<-c("Blue","Orange")
splom(~lcrabs.pc[,1:3] | sp*sex,cex=0.5,pscales=0)

The figure is plotted in the Quartz window: everything looks OK except
for the lack of text above the individual panels.

Patrick J. Bennett, Ph.D.
Professor & Canada Research Chair
Department of Psychology
McMaster University
1280 Main St. West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1 Canada

Office: 905-525-9140 ext. 23012				FAX: 905-529-6225