[R] Importing an Excel file

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Jul 7 20:47:46 CEST 2004

Are all you data numerical or does it contain characters as well ?

Check for the common culprits - the hash (#) which is the comment
character in R, unbalanced single and double quotes and other suspicious
characters around line 16 and in general.

If that does not work, open in Excel and just delete all the unwanted
columns (and rows) even if they appear empty. Then save as csv and try
again.

read.delim() will not work properly in your case because it recognises
tab as separator.