[R] Is there rpm for suse 9.1 under x86_64?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Jul 4 11:53:54 CEST 2004

Peter Mathe <mathe at wias-berlin.de> writes:

> I recently upgraded to Suse 9.1 for Amd64.
> So far I could not find precompiled binaries of R-1.9.1 for this case.
> So I tried installation from source, but could not succeed. Although
> the configuration/installation procedure ran without problems, the
> make check always ended with errors. When trying to run R , to see
> what's going on, the eigen() reported error code -18.
> So, is a  rpm for R-base-1.9.1 under x86_64 for Suse available, or how
> can I succesfully install from sources?

I can't get the upgrade working for me (SATA trouble -- again!) but I
have 9.0 on a system. This has run cleanly for a while with a
home-built RPM based on Detlef's SPEC file, as well as several local
builds.

A good guess is that they upgraded GCC and something got broken --
again. You could try reducing the optimization levels on the relevant
files, or as the first thing on everything (-O0 in CFLAGS and FFLAGS).

> Thank's for reading this message, Peter

How did you know I would, Peter? ;-)