[R] R/SigmaStat

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 13:54:13 CET 2004

Hi Folks,

I have run a linear regression analysis in R on some data for which
I also have a printout of a similar analysis carried out by someone else.

The results (intercept, coefficient, SEs etc.) differ somewhat, though
not greatly.

>From the printout of the other analysis, it seems that it may have
been produced by software called SigmaStat.

(I'm going by the clue

 "Power of performed test with alpha = 0.0500: 1.000"

 in the printout, which on a google search throws up a lot of SigmaStat
 and sometimes SigmaPlot; the web pages illustrate tabulations by
 SigmaStat which are very similar in layout to the printout I have)

I'm not familiar with SigmaStat. I'm a bit concerned by the numerical
discrepancies (and somewhat puzzled by the "1.000" power against an
unstated alternative!).

If any of you have experience with SigmaStat, especially in comparison
with R, I would be interested in your comments. If you would prefer to
email me off-list, please feel free to do so!

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 21-Feb-04                                       Time: 12:54:13