[R] Normality Test on several groups

Knut M. Wittkowski kmw at mail.rockefeller.edu
Sun Feb 8 18:45:30 CET 2004

Andy and Peter: Of yours, both of you are right.

Re h2g2 (Adams DN 1979):

>"[42] quite definitely is the answer. I think the problem, to be quite
>honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is.
>[...] So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what
>the answer means."

Re Sir Karl, I have to admit a typo (1+6 instead of 6-1, see
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything for
related algebraic problems) and I should have quoted the original publication:

>Popper KR. Logik der Forschung. Julius Springer: Wien; 1937. English: The
>Logic of Scientific Discovery. Basic Books: New York; 1959.

Cheers, Knut

At 20:54 2004-02-07 +0100, Peter wrote:

>...in which case the answer is forty-two, surely.
>
>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3
>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
>~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907

Knut M. Wittkowski, PhD,DSc
The Rockefeller University, GCRC
Experimental Design and Biostatistics
1230 York Ave #121B, Box 322, NY,NY 10021
+1(212)327-7175, +1(212)327-8450 (Fax)
kmw at rockefeller.edu
http://www.rucares.org/clinicalresearch/dept/biometry/