[R] Turning windows screen buffering on and off

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Apr 19 16:33:30 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:05:48 +0200, "Philippe Grosjean"
<phgrosjean at sciviews.org> wrote :

>The buffered output is a nice thing, and if the user want to use it, then
>fine! However, it should be nice to know if it is set ON or OFF, and to
>temporarily change it for some outputs in R scripts. I think this is the
>primary request. Then, your request appears to me as a secondary one: to set
>buffered output ON or OFF at statup of Rgui (by defining it in the
>preference panel). Personnally, I would really like to have both.

In the long term, I'd like it if all of Rgui could be moved to a
package.  From most users' points of view things wouldn't change much,
but it would mean it was more practical for someone like you to write
your own front-end, either by modifying the standard one or by
starting from scratch.

Duncan Murdoch