[R] Search Engine & Keywords

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 12:49:36 CEST 2004

The problem is with your machine (and some other people's).  That search
engine does work on a properly configured machine.

Since haven't given us anything to go on (like which OS, browser, R
version (there is no such thing as R 1.8) ...) I can only suggest you look
at the R 1.9.0 beta which is currently available, as the search page now
has a link to the Installation and Administration manual which now
contains detailed information.

A quick check list:

javascript enabled
java installed and enabled
if Linux/Unix, Sun JRE 1.4.2_02/3/4 are broken.

Oh, and this comes up quite frequently, so you can look in the archives of
this list.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk