[R] what does the sum of square of Gaussian RVs with differentvariance obey?

Jean Sun comm at 263.net
Wed Sep 24 08:25:00 CEST 2003

Thanks a lot.
It does work. The fitted data match the simulated ones well. Even no need the shifted or scaled version of Chi-squared pdf. Also, I have tested the case of non-independent RVs,generated by linear combining of independent Gaussian RVs,the result is satisfactory too.

Regards,
J.Sun

2003-09-23 07:07:00 Thomas Lumley wrote£º