[R] BEGINNER: please help me to write my VERY simple function

Michele Grassi grassi at psico.univ.trieste.it
Tue Oct 21 11:23:53 CEST 2003

Hi.
1)I have two variables: call a<-c(e.g.0,3,6,7...)
                           b<-c(e.g.6,8,3,4...)
I want to create a third vector z wich contain the
pairs values z<-c(0,6,3,8,6,3,7,4....and so on for each
pairs (a,b)).
There is a specific function?
How can i write my own function?

2)When i try to write a function and then i save it
like "function.R" file, i try to retrieve it with
source comand. As result i obtain an error
message "error in parse: sintax error on line...". I
apply deparse() and i see an incorrect parsing: how
avoid unwanted parsing?
Thanks.
Michele.