[R] RMySQL crashes R

Marsland, John John.Marsland at CommerzbankIB.com
Thu May 15 09:37:32 CEST 2003

I received three responses to my previous question, all of them were off
list. So I am posting the dialogue for the benefit of other users.

Subsequent to this dialogue, I have installed MySQL4 and have tried to
compile the RMySQL package from source for both versions of MySQL.

I have not been sucessful and have had to revert to using RMySQL version
0.4-6 for the time being - which works fine with R v1.7.0 despite being
built under R v1.5.1 and it works with MySQL versions 3.x and 4.x.

I would respectfully like to keep this question open - refiled as a question
regarding either the source code, the instructions or my inability to follow
them.

Regards,

John Marsland