[R] read.table command in Rweb

akira.onozuka.ao@bayer.co.jp akira.onozuka.ao at bayer.co.jp
Mon Mar 31 06:47:01 CEST 2003

Dear Readers,

I amd not so sure if this is the best site to ask this question, but does
anybody know why Rweb can't recognize read.table command?
I installed Rweb on local host machine.

I made this input file as '/tmp/data.txt'.

     a    b    c    d
a    0    1    3    2
b    1    0    1    1
c    3    1    0    2

R can recognaize the following command 1

###command 1###
library(mva)
d<-read.table(file ="/tmp/data.txt")
c<-hclust(as.dist(d),method='average')
plot(c,hang=-1)
################

but, Rweb doesn't responde to this script.
Rweb can recognize command 2

###command 2###
read.csv(file ="/tmp/data.txt", header = T , sep = "\t")
###############

but,
###command 3###
library(mva)
d<-read.csv(file ="/tmp/data.txt", header = T , sep = "\t")
c<-hclust(as.dist(d),method='average')
plot(c,hang=-1)
###############

doesn't seem to be a correct script. So, my question is

(1)Why Rweb can't understand read.table command
(2)Please correct command 3 in right form.

Akira Onozuka
Researcher, Bioinformatics
Screening Technology, Research Center Kyoto
Bayer Yakuhin Ltd.
Tel. (0774)75-2458
Fax. (0774)75-2506
E-mail: Akira.Onozuka.AO at bayer.co.jp