[R] Problem with pdf device.

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 13:33:32 CET 2003

Hi,

I seem to have broken the pdf device on my installation. I'm running R
1.6.1 under Apple's X11 on darwin 6.3. Running the following commands
straight after starting R (and without touching 'par') gives different
results - the png file looks fine but I'm missing axes and labels on
the pdf. If I try and print the pdf, axes and labels appear but with
text characters as boxes and the plotted points vanish. I've attached
the resulting graphics files. Inspecting the two sets of par() outputs
doesn't show any huge differences that I can see
("bg","cin","cra","csi","cxy","din","fin","mai","pin","plt" differ
between the two but the differences are small). Has anyone got any idea
what I've done to my setup and how to fix it?

Thanks,
David